Saturday, October 31, 2009

Recognition 2...What's Wrong with people?

Again today, someone felt the need to talk to one my supervisors after I dealt with them...The sad part about the interaction with this customer is there wasn't a definite fix for the issue he was having with his phone. If it were me, I certainly would be feeling different if someone gave me two quick sets of steps to do on my phone and told me it might not fix the issue. The guys problem was that his phone when sending picture messages was coming back failed and aside from the error message, he was seeing symbols all over the screen. His best description was that some of the symbols looked like the Transformers logo. My initial reaction was to tell him to destroy the phone as quickly as possible as I wouldn't knowingly want a Decepticon out there plotting against us humans. I basically told him I've never heard of the issue before, told him I could help him through the steps to try and fix it, and let him know that if what we did didn't resolve the issue, that we'd have to open a trouble ticket and have some techs look at it. He was on the phone at the time so we couldn't troublshoot it and said he try what I told him and call back if neccessary.

Corey Masterson!!

I just spoke with Tim, who is the director of a 4000 seat call center (in the pulp and paper industry). He gave Corey very high praise in regards to his professionalism and courteous service. Tim's words: "Corey's service was through the roof.....he was honest and got right to the point".

Way to go Corey.......another promoter in our court!



Really, I'm only doing my job but if enough people keep thinking I'm providing some sort of spectacular service, I can last long enough here to find something out there that pays better or something I actually enjoy doing. Why aren't there jobs that pay you to geocache?

No comments: