Monday, October 19, 2009

Geocaching Who Am I





I found this questionnaire on a geocaching blog that I just started following so here it goes...

1. What is your name? Corey Masterson

2. What is your GC name? Masterson of the Universe

3. What kind of GPSr do you use? Garmin 60csx

4. What is your favorite feature on your GPSr? Color screen, Adding all my found caches as Points of Interest for later finding.

5. What is your best memory of geocaching? The feeling of find the first is a great memory but I think one of the days where I did 32 on my own was great.

6. What is the furthest from your house you’ve ever found a cache? I don't have mileage in front of me as I'm at work on a locked down net connection but it's a cache at Two Lights Park in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.

7. What is the hardest cache you ever found? The hardest cache I have found is probably a magnetic micro called Meg's Micro in Bangor. It was on the underside of a fence and I must have visited the location 5 different times to find it. I hate micros.

8. What is the most amount of caches you’ve completed in one day? 124 on the Stud Mill Road on July 3rd 2009.

9. How did you get started in geocaching? I heard about it from Wendy (Drwhogrl) in 2005, bought a GPS, tried it and got hooked.

10. What is the silliest mistake you’ve made while geocaching? While doing the Stud Mill Road series, missing a whole road of caches which would have made it a 140+ day.

11. What memorable animals have you encountered on the trail? Just deer and couple eagles.

12. What is your favorite earthcache? I have only found 3 of them so far. Educational but not as much fun as a standard cache.

13. When do you geocache most often? (Season? Time of day?) I cache the most during the summer. I prefer a nice warm evening.

14. Who do you usually geocache with? Wendy

15. Have you ever logged a find on one of your own caches? If not, would you? No I haven't and don't plan on it anytime soon.

16. What is the most consecutive days you’ve gone caching and had a find? 3 in October of 2008. Thats sad so I'll have to try and remedy that.

17. How do you feel about people who “collect” trackable items? I hate it when my trackables don't get moved along. They are out there to move, not end up in someones collection.

18. Is it all about the numbers for you? Numbers are fun but I see it as a number of memories and places I've been, not just a number of logs signed.

19. What have you learned since you started geocaching? Some math skills due to Cano's puzzles, a lot about using GSAK, a lot more than I had known before about the Bangor and surrounding areas.

20. What is the most interesting travel bug or geocoin you have discovered? Probably the most interesting coin(s) belongs to KayakerinMaine and is a 5 coin series in the shape of puzzle pieces and they all fit together.

No comments: