Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ouch

Last night we had a game at 9 that was probably the fastest game I've ever played and I use the term played loosely. We spent the whole time out in the field running down balls that were hit perfectly where we weren't. If we played the outfield deep, they dropped bloopers in, if we played shallow they were slamming line drives over our heads to the fences. After the first inning, they batted around their order one and half times and scored 15 runs. If you've ever been spanked like this in a game, let alone just in the first inning, you'd know that it pretty much takes away a bit of the drive. It got even worse when we finally got our three outs and came up to bat, only to be able to get one run back. After three innings of this, the game was called on the mercy rule and we were done. I was back in my car at 9:30 and headed home. Crap. Just once I'd like our team to be able to do this to a team and have them head to the parking lot to drink it off. Maybe Thursday...

1 comment:

Corissa said...

You should post the schedule on here. Maybe Eowyn and I can come and watch some night...I bet we could convince Wendy too :) Fans help :)