Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Paperwork

With all that hasn't really been going on at work in the last couple months, I really started getting into the whole making stuff out of paper, or papercraft. Sometimes it can be calming to complete easy projects and get a quick sense of accomplisment while other times its frustrating as hell to be working an a really complicated project and have one little mistake screw up the whole thing. I started this helicoptor once with standard copier paper and it was goin well until I got to the engine pieces on top. I couldn't get them correct and it frustrated me to no end. I got tired of trying and drawered it for a while. I was cleaning out my desk tbe week when we found out we might get moved and I ended up scrapping the stupid thing. Last week, I decided to give it another shot and this time to try it out of cardstock so it would last longer and hold shape better. I got it to the point where the only thing left to do is complete the land gear or undercarriage. Keep in mind, the whole thing is made of nothing more than paper cardstock and Elmers glue. Everything from the body to the rotors and the tiny little tubes holding them on are just cardstock, so you can imagine how much time and effort this took. Here it is so far. I'm kind of proud of myself for taking the time to get it as far as I did and only hope it survives. Just another odd use for paper...



1 comment:

Wendy said...

Its really impressive. You did a great job!